How to Create Multilingual Opt-In Forms That Convert Website Visitors Into Customers
No matter what kind of WordPress website you have, your goal is to boost traffic to your site and improve your online presence. After all, the more visitors a website attracts, the more sales it makes.
One good way to expand your reach is by translating your website. By providing your site’s content in multiple languages, you can bring in a global audience.
However, creating a multilingual website isn’t enough. Sure, people are more likely to visit a website in their own language. But to turn these visitors into customers or subscribers, you need to find a way to capture their attention.
With opt-in forms, you can give your visitors the option to receive emails from you. Once you build a mailing list, you can market to the people who are interested in your brand, products, or services.
But for an opt-in form to be effective, it needs to offer incentive. It also needs to speak the same language as your site’s visitors.
How Opt-In Forms Work
Email marketing is a great way to send out information about your products and services and upcoming deals. It also lets you establish a connection with your site’s visitors.
Of course, before starting an email marketing campaign, you need to have a list of people you can send the emails to. This is where email marketing software which allow you to create opt-in forms come into the picture.
By placing a simple form asking visitors if they’d like to subscribe and receive emails from you, you can:
- Convert website visitors into subscribers
- Drum up interest in your site’s products or services
- Increase engagement with your users and improve conversion rates
However, for visitors to hit the Subscribe button, you need to clearly explain how they can benefit from it. What you can offer depends on the type of website you have.
For example, a newsletter sign-up form can offer exclusive access to the latest news and updates. In turn, this can generate more interest in the content a blog has to offer.
Features to Look for in an Email Opt-in Tool
Without a doubt, the email capture tool you choose should integrate with your WordPress site. It should also enable you to:
- Easily build different types of opt-in forms
- Set up display and targeting rules
- Connect with an email service provider and send targeted emails in bulk
- Make it easy for you to manage your contact list
- Track the progress of your campaigns
As a multilingual site owner, you can’t forget about translating the form content. If a visitor is viewing your site’s content in Spanish, showing them an opt-in form in English isn’t the best idea. You want your message to be valuable – and for that to happen, your visitors need to understand what it says.
Choosing a Translation-Friendly Email Opt-In Solution
Now that you know what features to look for, it’s time to find the best solution for your multilingual WordPress website.
There are a lot of email opt-in plugins out there, all of which come with different quality features. But if you want an email opt-in plugin that is both integrated with WordPress and translation-friendly, it’s hard to find a better tool than Bloom.
Bloom is a premium email opt-in and lead generation plugin. It is available as a part of the Elegant Themes membership packages and offers standout features like:
- Different opt-in form types
- Analyzation tools that allow you to see if your forms are generating leads
- Integration with popular email marketing services
- Trigger options that let you to decide when to display each form
While Bloom lets you create various types of opt-in campaigns, you need a separate solution to turn them multilingual. For this, we recommend our partner, the WPML (WordPress Multilingual) plugin. WPML provides a fully automated translation process for WordPress websites. The multilingual plugin is also compatible with a good deal of email marketing and lead generation plugins, including Bloom.
With WPML, you can:
- Add an easy-to-use language switcher to your website
- Send form content as well as posts and pages (including those with the opt-in form) for translation to EuropaTrad
- Display the correct language version of the form depending on the language of the page
Sending Your Email Opt-In Forms for Translation
WPML lets you translate any of the 6 form types Bloom offers. Below, we’ll show you just how easy it is to send the content from a pop-up form to EuropaTrad:
1. From your site’s dashboard, go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization and scroll down to the Strings in the plugins section.
2. Check the box next to Bloom and click on Scan selected plugin for strings.
3. Once scanning is complete, navigate to WPML → String Translation and use the In domain dropdown menu to search for strings within the bloom domain.
Email opt-in forms are a powerful way to keep visitors interested in your products and services. They can also effectively convert visitors into paying customers.
By using a premium opt-in plugin like Bloom, you can create different types of opt-in forms and choose when to show them. You can even connect them to separate mailing lists.
But to make sure your opt-in forms resonate with your global site’s visitors, you need to make them multilingual. With WPML, you can easily send your opt-in content for translation to EuropaTrad. In no time, you’ll be displaying translated opt-ins that are bound to convert your site’s visitors into customers.